Gator Business Administrator Services
The Office of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer in partnership with the Vice President of Human Resources Services are proud to sponsor Gator Business Administrator Services (GBAS).
GBAS is a professional development program designed to help business administrators working in colleges, departments, and units be more effective in their jobs. This professional support focuses on job skills and knowledge of employees in the areas of finance, research administration (both pre and post award), reporting, and human resources.
To be added to the GBAS listserv, send an email to email@example.com.
The GBAS Story
Experience a story about how the GBAS program created a professional development path for a business administrator’s success at the University of Florida.
The Gator Business Administrator Services (GBAS) began in 2010 as a partnership between the CFO’s Office, HRS Training and Organization Development (T&OD) team and dedicated business administrators from around the University of Florida.
Barbara Mitola was recently appointed director of Gator Business Administrator Services. A UF employee since 2001, Barb is currently human resources coordinator for the College of the Arts. In 2013, Barb was awarded the GBAS Credential, and she has served on the GBAS Advisory Council since August of 2014. She received national certification as a Professional in Human Resources in 2014.
Gator Business Administrator Services (GBAS) works in partnership with the academic and administrative management of the University of Florida to recruit, develop and sustain a network of top quality business professionals who provide efficient and effective financial and administrative services and solutions, focused on unit level needs and university-wide objectives.
“Over the last five years, the GBAS program has grown and surpassed my original vision, due in large part to the partnership between my office, HR’s T&OD Team and the advisory council. With Deb’s (Staats) guidance, the program has provided professional learning opportunities to more than 200 Gator Business Administrators.” --- Mike McKee, Vice President and CFO
GBAS established a network of dedicated business professionals from around campus who act as an advisory council to ensure the GBAS program stays true to its mission. We are grateful for past and current council members for their participation and service on the council.
The current GBAS Advisory Council members are:
- Carolyn LeBron – Administrative Services Coordinator 4, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Cynthia Brochu - Assistant Director of Finance, Health Affairs Administration
- JoAnn Davis – Assistant Director, IFAS Shared Services Centers
- Todd Fraser – Associate Director, College of Nursing
- Keith Gouin – Director of Finance IFAS Extension
- Nicola Heredia – Assistant Director, Procurement Services
- Jeff Pole – Director of Finance, Journalism and Communication
- Kim Rovansek - College of Public Health and Health Professions, Assistant Director of Finance
- Meena Thiyagarajah – Associate Director, College of Engineering
Past council members and directors are:
- Brian Keith – Associate Dean for Administration & Faculty Affairs, George A. Smathers Libraries
- Mary Anne Morgan – Director-HR, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS)
- Dorothea Roebuck – Research Programs and Services Coordinator, College of Health and Human Performance
- Deb Staats – GBAS Director 2012-15
- Andrea Burne – Assistant Dean-Finance and Human Resources, College of Public Health and Health Professions
- Bonnie Cauthon – Business Manager, University of Florida Information Technology (UFIT)
- Tracy Phillips – Business Manager, College of Health and Human Performance
- Donna Del Buco – Business Manager, Division of Student Affairs
- Crystal Lee - Business Manager, College of Design, Construction and Planning
- Kathy Thrasher - Assistant Director, Medical Health Admin, Financial Services, Office of the Dean, College of Medicine
Special Thanks to Mike McKee and Jodi Gentry for their continued support.