GBAS Certification (Formerly GBAS Credentialing)
The GBAS vision is to create a network of high-performing professional BAs committed to working collaboratively to support the University of Florida as a preeminent university. Completing the GBAS Certification is a step in that direction.
What are the benefits of the GBAS Certification Program?
The GBAS Certification is awarded to select GBAS participants who have effectively used a variety of the components offered by the GBAS program to the benefit of their unit, department and/or college. The award signifies active involvement in GBAS, including activities such as the GBAS Mentoring Program and participation in GBAS workshops and institutes.
Who can apply?
Experienced BAs in an exempt TEAMS role who analyze and/or make decisions regarding topics such as budgeting, forecasting, general financial or grants management, and HR/hiring.
What are the prerequisites?
- Prior training prerequisites include a Pro3 certification in either the Fiscal or HR tracks. Possible substitutes* for a Pro3 completion could be one or more of the following:
- Completion of one of the UF leadership programs
- Contribution as a GBAS subject matter expert
- Presentation at a GBAS event
*This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Completion of the Mentoring Program as either a mentee or a mentor
- Active involvement in GBAS, including participation in GBAS workshops and institutes
If the GBAS member meets these qualifications, GBAS will extend an invitation to apply in June.
Upon invitation, you will be asked to complete an application that includes:
- A form explaining specifically how your department, unit and/or college benefited from your involvement in the GBAS program. The form will ask you to:
- Provide specific examples of knowledge/skills that you learned at a GBAS workshop or institute and how the knowledge/skills were applied to your work
- Describe how you have grown in your role over the past two years and explain what part of the GBAS program supported this growth
- Describe how you personally benefited from your involvement in GBAS
- NOTE: Specific examples are a requirement, so please be sure to include them.
- A letter of support from your immediate supervisor
We are looking for contributions to GBAS and the applicant’s unit, professionalism and a commitment to excellence.